I'm back in Sioux Center for the weekend.
Yesterday my Chicago roommate Shelbi and I flew from Chicago (Longest el ride ever!!) to Omaha, and then a friend of Shelbi's drove us to Northwestern. I hungout around the theatre there with Shelbi and other NW'ern theatre people I know (and many I didn't know... meh.) awhile, and then meet up with Becky and Mark and other fun Dordt people. I really liked Terror Texts, though it did have a few small flaws. But I'm sure they will work out with running the show more. All in all, an amazing performance!
I have a lead on a palce to live next semester. One of the first phone calls I made, the guy said he rents out like 7 aparments/houses, and has one that is coming open mid-December. Perfect! It's very close to campus, and is an entire house! So cool. He has someone who is already looking at it, but said he will let me know today yet what their decision is. I'm very excited, especially since most of the calls I made didn't even answer the phone... Boo.
I walked to Taco Johns today for lunch... It's so weird being back in SC. No traffic, and it's so quiet. I almost miss all the noise and sirens. I think I'll be ok here next semester after I adjust... but I think I'll always miss Chicago...
Speaking of that... Zev (Another intern at work) told me about an amazing apprenticeship at Steppenwolf theatre. It's 9 months long, and paid. How amazing would that be???? ahhhhhhhhh!! So I will be applying for that, duh. I was reading, and they get something like 500 applications, for something like 15 jobs. eek... Oh well.
It's weird being here, with really nothing to do now but wait for a phonecall... The guy said I could just walk over and look at the place, since someone is living there now. I did, but no one was home... But it looks nice from the outside.
Maybe I'll go to the Bean now...
2:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
well done with the house-hunting!
p.s. i came back to the room and you weren't there because you had just left :(
Hmmmm, so now the statement at the beginning is actually true. good job.
priouton!!!
Post a Comment