So Becky told me to post again...
According to blogger this is my 76th post. Hurrah?
It always seems that as I'm going about my day I actually have deep thought to blog about, but when it comes time now to write about anything, it all just sounds stupid.
Church today was "Mission Sunday" in which everyone who has been off doing amazing mission trips this summer came and talked about what they have done. My good friend Andy talked about his trip to northern Africa (Due to security reasons, can't really say where he was...) The common theme that everyone talked about was the importance of everyone getting involved in same way, even if it's just a check to help with finances. I have helped Andy in this way on his trips, and while I know he's making a huge difference by getting out there,I still don't feel like I've really done anything. (His major is something crazy cool like World Missions. Yah, he's going to school to be a missionary. His next trip is to Asia.) One couple talked about how they go on mission trips with the local colleges over spring break. I just felt convicted that I'm wasting my resources since I've never gone on PLIA.
Next Sunday is "Kick-Off" for everything. The little kids move up a grade in Sunday school, all that fun stuff. The "College and Career" group which I've been going to for a few weeks now is having a lunch after service. I feel kinda silly going since I'll be leaving the next day for Chicago, but I suppose I'll go.
Apparently no on at my church knows me. The assistant pastor came up today asking me how I liked the church... He stuck his head in the door a few weeks ago at the C&C group, so he knows I've at least been there before... I've been going to that church since freshman year of high school... yah. This is what happens when the youth pastor leaves before you senior year of high school. The new guy never got to know my class, and we all just kinda have been forgotten. Whatever...
Uhhh.... and I have nothing. I had a London Fog during C&C, from the coffee shop by church. A guy I went to high school works there, so I didn't mind asking if he could make one. Hurrah.
Brandon had hernia surgery on Thursday. He's doing ok, but is still just sitting at his house. He just sent a text saying I should come visit him, since he left some PS2 games at my house, and he wants them back... And because Steve is coming... I want to say no, but I guess I should take his games over...
Laters.
2:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
becky is smart. hurray for posting!!!
there is always plia this year if you still wanted to go. i never did, but i heard it's amazing.
ps. i love london fogs. favourite drink ever.
Actually, more like bored from a lack of blog-reading material, but thank you.
I recommend plia, it is amazing. No regrets whatsoever.
dude!!! you're in chicago!!! how is it? fill me in :)
Post a Comment