10:46 AM

Whoops

So, I am still alive. Just haven't had much time to write in here. I just got back from church and decided I should take some time and do this.

I'm beginning to really enjoy going to a church where I'm the only Dordt student. Everyone is very glad that I'm there and I get told so many new names I really have no idea what anyone's name is, but I'm beginning to 'know' who they are. I've seen a couple guys who are college age there, but I've never seen them at Dordt. I think one goes to Gustavus (Due to his mother sporting sweatshirts from there, a lot, and it also is the Lutheran version of Dordt) and I think one might go to Northwestern or some other college around since he's there.) I really enjoy the fact the service is pretty traditional, which reminds me of when I was younger and still went to the church my parents still go to (And where I go every so often, like Thanksgiving and Christmas... but that's another blog...)

In November I'm going with the junior high group to Des Moines for a weekend for a youth gathering. It should be fun. I just hope these kids are better than when I was in junior high (Again, for another blog... But the reason I left my church is due to how I was treated during junior high. It wasn't nice.) Our church and a church from George go in together for the junior and senior high groups, since both churches are so small, so there should be a pretty decent group (I'm thinking like 15 kids) that are going.

Today at church we had a baptism, so there were a lot of visitors, so we had something like 7 tables of communion. Every week we sing Let Us Break Bread during the first table, and then there is just piano music during the rest. Today the lady playing the piano played about 8 different versions of that song... Out of all the communions songs in the LBW and the WOV, and she only played Let Us Break Bread 8 different ways... I was kinda wanting to scream...

Heh, seems I've only talked about church. Oh well. Nice change from my life that has been taken over by the play. We open Thursday. Yep, that's all I'm going to say, in order to keep this from being a mile long.

0 comments: