I'm excited. On a whim I looked up a semi-local rep theatre to see if they have an jobs open during the summer. They are re-doing there website, and only gave a random info@ .com address. So, I sent a quick "Hello, I'm interested in working at your theatre. Can I get some information?" email off.
And heard back they would be very willing to have me all summer. They do want an emailed resume, an email from a theatre faculty member from Dordt, and would like to talk in person at Thanksgiving.
They don't think they will be able to pay me anything, but I can live at the theatre for free all summer (It's about two hours from home). Sounds like they would want me from right when I get home to as late as I can stay in August. Awesome.
They are putting up at least 5 shows during the summer, including Grease and Pipin. Woo. I would so totally act in Grease... It's been a dream for awhile... Crazy, I know.
That's all I know right now. But I'm excited. I have no idea what I'll be doing, but it will be theatre. And good.
10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Whitney, that's super exciting! I wish I could work a theatre - I have those practical type parents who are like "make money".
But I hope this works out for you!
Post a Comment