9:03 AM

...why?

Here's a fun little equation I learned last night.

Cobalt + big raccoon = broken radiator and broken bumper-type thingy. That we know of.

ARGH. I was less than a mile from home when a raccoon came up out of the ditch. They haven't mowed yet this year, so the weeds are crazy high. I had no chance, so I just had to hit it, and managed to head on. Not to mention I was driving my Cobalt, which is a stick, and I'm kinda iffy at driving.

At least I had my two amazing guy friends with me, who kept me from completly freaking out. Well, I screamed pretty good, then managed to drive it to the golf course parking lot half way between my house and where I hit it. Upon leaving the car we were greeted with all my radiator fluid streaming out of the car. It wasn't just a drip, it was a stream. We then also noticed the bumper-type thingy (It's not the bumper really, but is the decorative bit at the bottom, under my license plate) is all cracked and broken. Still on the car, but hanging on at a funny angle. My friend called my house, and my dad came down. We then called the sheriff to get an accident report for the insurance. The sheriff lady didn't seem to believe me when I said yes, there was $500 in damages. Then once the sheriff came he was like "Which car? ...Ohhhhhh." upon seeing the river of antifreeze. My dad drove my car back to the house, since it wasn't that bad. However, the antifreeze has now completely drained out, and we can no longer drive it since when he tried to add some water to get it to the body shop, it came out the hole as fast as he could add the water. So we'll have to get a tow truck on Monday to get it to the shop.

I'm just glad I had Brandon and George with me. I was pretty much a wreck when we got out to look at it, and now Brandon's shirt has snot and eyeliner in it. Meh. George had to call my house, since I was in no shape. I'm just glad they were with me.

And for some pictures. First one is from the side, a couple of days ago. Number two and three are the damage. Notice the curved radiator and broken bumper-thingy. I wonder what the real name is... Meh.


0 comments: