8:35 AM

I'm sill here...

Eep.

I should probably update this... Let's see.

On Tuesday we went to the Victoria and Albert Museum. It had all sorts of sculptures, artifacts, and stuff like that. Not many paintings, but all sorts of really cool stuff. That night we went to see Pygmalion at the Old Vic. It was good. It's the base for My Fair Lady, but has a different ending.

Wednesday:
We had a free afternoon... I didn't do much, since I was still fighting my sinus infection. Still am really, but it was really bad. I just stayed around the room, and took a nap. That night we saw The Vortex. It's by the same playwright as Hayfever, and was pretty much the same plot, but a lot darker. It was ok.

Thursday:
We went to the Tate Britain gallery for the museum. I just went on my own, it was nice. After I was done I walked along the river back to the Westminster tube stop (by Big Ben, and whatnot) and then rode back to our stop, even though it was just one away. I'm not sure how to walk back, so heh. Took a quick nap, and then went to The Good Soul of Szechaun. It was Brecht. Yup. The entire theatre was like a cement factory, covered in plywood. The seating was a mix-mash of chairs. You entered the theatre on the stage, which was full of people working in the factory and had to cross across stage to sit down. Eventually the lights dimmed a bit, and the play started. It was really amazing, and one of my favourite shows so far. It was very Brecht and Walhof would have hated it. But really loved it. heh.

Friday:
A small group (5) of us went to Dublin for the day. Our plane out of Gatwick was delayed, due to radar problems in Dublin. Sat in the plane for 40 minutes, and took off an hour late. Got to Dublin, and took a bus to the city center. Just walked around and looked at what we could find. Bought a slightly crazy 9 shot glasses for people. Also bought some amazing whiskey fudge. hehe. Went to the airport on time, only to have the flight delayed 2.5 hours, since Dublin was still having radar problems. Phil bought some cards to keep from going crazy, so it went fairly fast. Finally got back to Gatwick at 11, London at 11:30, and our hotel at midnight. meh.

This morning I went with some people and got a cheep ticket to Le Mes for tonight. Afterwards went to Westminster Abbey and found some cool stuff for people. I then came back to the hotel, while people went to look at the Tower of London. None of them will spend money to go in an see it, so why bother when I've already been there?

Tomorrow I'm going to go on a walking tour of Beatles locations, ending with Abbey Road. Will also probably go to Hard Rock Cafe, since London has the founding location. Brandon wants a t-shirt... meh. As part of the walking tour, you get a pass to jump the queue and be seated quicker, so that could be handy. heh. I'm also missing a good hamburger...

Side note - I see amazing cars on a daily basis. At least two Porches a day, and most every car is a BMW. Saw a Lotus today, but couldn't get my camera in time to take a picture. A few days ago a Lambo was outside the hotel next to us, and I did get a picture of that.

3 comments:

Justine Teresa said...

crazy postmodern theatre.
and brecht.

safe travels home!!!!

Justine Teresa said...

are you home? how was your flights? are you maintaining sanity despite the drastic time change?

Justine Teresa said...

i just noticed you mentioned hamburgers...now i'm hungry and craving one. and its' 12:30 at night.