Well, considering the attack of questions from Nini on the last post, I should let people know I'm home.
The walking tour of Beatles stuff on Sunday was pretty awesome. Took lots of pictures, and bought a DVD of a more complete listing of places. Our tour was only 2 hours, and that included lots of walking. The DVD is over 3 hours, and of course doesn't include walking time. I watched part of it with my mom last night. It's pretty cool. After the walk was done I went to see STOMP with two other people from the group. It was pretty much awesome. If you have no idea who STOMP is, google it, just like that that and it will come up. Went to a place called Garfunkles for supper, got nachos. They were strange. haha. Sunday night... er... I think I just sat around the hotel. I don't really remember.
Monday we went to the Courtauld Institute for the museum. It was a very small collection, which was nice. Were actually able to see everything in a decent amount of time. After we were done I went with a group of girls to this amazing chocolate store. Spent something like $6 on a chocolate milkshake, which came with a free piece of chocolate. I got a vanilla truffle. I also bought a few pieces of chocolate, a piece of bits of ginger in chocolate, an amaretto truffle, and a piece of fondant dipped in chocolate with crystalized rose petals on top. That came to like $8 for the 3 pieces. But they really were amazing. That night we went to see a show called ...Sisters It was... strange. The actors has ho idea what part they were playing until the drew straws and got their starting part. Later cards dropped from the ceiling on stage that had some message from the director. They always were changing what part they were playing and it was just weird. It was apparently based on Chekhov's Three Sisters. hmm. It was very avant garde. A live rabbit was just roaming around stage for the last 30 minutes or so, if that says anything.
Tuesday we were given the choice of going to any museum we wanted, or just looking at 6 monuments around London. I did the monument thing. I got lunch from the local take-away and ate in a park with all the local business people. It was nice. Just walked over to Parliament and then went up the main street there. Found 6 rather quickly. Walked by Downing Street, but that is about it. You can only walk by it, not down it at all. Oh well. heh. That night we went to a new play called Afterlife, which is about Max Reinhardt who directed morality plays (mainly Everyman) in the 1920s up until WWII. Got supper at the cafe at the theatre before the show. The night we went was the night for all the critics to come, so that was a bit exciting.
Wednesday was full of plays. In the afternoon we went to see Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe. It was cool. I was able to lean against part of the stage, so it was a lot easier to handle standing the whole time. Supper at an Indian place for pieda (a pizza like thing) and then went to a new play that night. It's called 2000 Feet Away. It took place in Iowa, so it was interesting how they did the accent. It was pretty good, but went rather southern at times. The plot was interesting, it deals with the law that says sex offenders have to live 2000 feet away from schools, parks, daycares, etc. The play was wrote by an Englishman, and we could tell it. They used very British wording for things, and we were like "er.. what?? No one says that!" For example, a women went to get a permit to have a day care in her house (In order to make the sex offender in their block move away...) and she was there to get a "child minding" permit. er... heh. But overall it was good. That night we went by bus to a hotel closer to Gatwick airport. Got there around midnight.
Thursday we had to leave the hotel at 6:15 for the airport. That meant breakfast was at 5:50. I was up at 5am, (or 11pm central time zone...) Went to a coffee shop for awhile, and then went through security and to the gate areas. I flew out from Gatwick alone, since I went to Omaha. I stayed with the group until they had to go to their little gate area. At Gatwick each gate has it's own inclosed area that requires a boarding pass, so I was split away then. i flew out about a half hour latter, so then went to my own area. Our plane was late getting there, so still couldn't get to my gate. All in all my flight was about 30 minutes late, we left about 11:30am (5:30am central). Landed at Atlanta at 3pm central time (or 9pm London). Went through customs and had to go through security again. Got some supper from a chinese place, it wasn't very good. My flight to Omaha was delayed almost an hour, we left at about 8pm central time (or 2am London). Landed at Omaha at almost 11pm central (5am London) (2 hour flight, but time change, again...) By the time we got home it was 1am central (7am London) so I was awake for about 27 hours all in all. Slept until 10 yesterday morning.
I'm doing better today, went to bed around 11 last night and got up at 9 so I'm readjusting. I enjoyed driving my car yesterday sooo much it was a bit crazy. I need to wash it again... My dad drove it while I was gone and drove in rain so it's filthy. grrr...
Anyways, that about it. Laters.
9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
glad to hear you had fun and are back safely. we'll have to talk more now that our time zones aren't so far apart.
i believe that now it's 'mini'.
:)
awesome stories. i should like to see that tour sometime on DVD. sounds fantastic.
ooooo. new layout!
i'm liking it.
My opinion on the new layout is in accordance with that of the comment above me.
At first, my comment just said, "I agree," but then I was like, "that's lame." So, I expanded it a bit.
Post a Comment