First off, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas!
I went to the 11pm Christmas Eve service at church last night. So much has changed since from when I was younger. This is kinda a rant, but, oh well...
First off, the Lutheran church has new hymnals. The church in Sioux Center doesn't use them, but my church at home does. Since it was Christmas, we didn't have a normal service, but I looked through the hymnal, and I wasn't impressed. All of the hymns are renumbered/new/etc. Guess it's true what people say about Lutherans and change.
Even though we have these new hymnals, the entire service was printed out in the bulletin, hymns and all. I don't see the point in having new hymnals if we aren't going to use them. My mom said they do the same thing on Sundays too.
Since it was Christmas, apparently we must sing as many songs as possible. Including setting the Lords Prayer and part of the communion litany to It Came Upon A Midnight Clear and Angels We Have Heard On High. It was strange.
Apparently the Lutheran church has adopted a new version of the Apostles Creed. It was different, and messed me up. I felt like I was saying the Lords Prayer at Dordt.
The adult choir sang during the offering. There was maybe 20 people. When I was little there was probably 45 people in it. Sad.
Speaking of offering, this is kinda funny. While passing the collection plate, it was dropped. Made a huge clanging noise, and made everyone turn around and see who it was.
Umm... I think that's all.
9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment