So I went home this weekend to take home a load of stuff/go to friend's graduations.
When I stopped outside of Omaha at a rest stop, I noticed my passenger side fog light had BLOWN OFF the car. All that was left was the light bulb. Argh. This was first broken last Thanksgiving when my car came in contact with a deer. It broke the ... something that held it in completely, but this wasn't an obvious damage so wasn't fixed when the rest of the work was done. It was discovered over a year later. And the light is now gone.
So a little while later down the road (about 40 minutes or so) my check engine light came on. ok... Then later while driving I notice it's really whinning while driving. So the next morning we take it into the dealership to be checked out. Some sensor with my transmission went out. To replace it - over $1,000. It's not even the tranny that went out! Argh.
A good thing - my parents are sick of something breaking everytime I come home from school. So we went shopping, and I found a little Cobalt, so we're trading off my car for it. I can go in Friday and pick it up. Hurrah.
Bad thing - it's a stick. I can drive it, but it's kinda iffy... But I'm sure I'll get better with time... Granted I've still never gone in reverse...
So since my "old" car was still in the shop getting fixed (have to fix it before we can trade it off) I had no way of getting back. So I had to drive Dad's Avalanche. Guh. I don't mind driving it, but I had never driven it for more than 30 minutes before. But I was fine.
Then while driving through Omaha there was a sign saying I-29 was closed at the Missouri Valley exit... Didn't say was direction that was, so I didn't care and went north. Turns out that the Missouri Valley exit was north. The interstate was flodded beyond it, so there was a detour out into the boonies to avoid the water. So it took a little over 5 hours to get here, instead of the normal 4.5
About the time I got to Le Mars I remembered that I left my set model for class back home. I had painted it then locked it in the spare bedroom to keep my demon cats from eating a chair or something. And since I couldn't see it, I forgot to bring it back. So I get to e-mail pictures to John Paul once I get home Thursday.
And I have exams the next three mornings at 8. So I should go sleep.
9:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
EEP!
it went fine...i want to see pictures!
Post a Comment