5:19 PM

ello luvs

Well, I'm here in London. Figured I should update again.

Let's see...

Sunday:
Went to the Dock Museum in Gloucester in the afternoon, then to the Cathedral for Evensong (afternoon service) Also took large amounts of pictures of the Cathedral, especially where Harry Potter was filmed.

Monday:
Traveled to Ludlow to see a castle. The roads were really twisty and some of the group got kinda sick. I would have loved to been driving my car. hehehe The castle was... empty and just the stones, but made for lots of good pictures. After we were done there wondered around and ended up in a coffee shop. Later went to the cathedral there. Bus ride home was a bit better for everyone, which was good.

Tuesday:
Arrived in London! Unpacked and then did a quick talk about the play for that night, Rosmersholm. I had to co-lead the discussion, so that was... fun. I was again reminded that I'm a techie and not an actor. I hate talking like that in front of people I don't really know. Supper at Grant Union (A burger place/bar. Really good.) The play was pretty good. It's by Ibsen, if that says anything. The space was amazing. We were in the balcony (circle) and were pretty much above the stage on stage left. Some of the group was on stage right, while some managed to be center stage, but they were back in the wall space, so not nearly as cool. The lighting was amazing. It never stopped changing, going from sunset to night/morning to afternoon etc. Just amazing.

Wednesday:
Talked about Rosmersholm in the morning (again, had to co-lead the discussion...) . Also talked about Midsummer from Stratford. Went to the Museum of London that afternoon. Had lunch at Pizza Express. Supper at Wagamama. An Asian Fusion place. Very trendy, and it was in a basement. I had some amazing chicken curry. That night we saw Gone With the Wind. It was a musical, and it was amazing! I have this to say - Rhett = eye candy. mmm. Granted I've just always loved that character, but still. haha The lighting was again amazing. We enjoyed playing "What source 4 is that gobo??" We had one light where we could see it was a gobo, but couldn't see where it was shining. One girl see "I can't see where it's goboing." haha

Today:
Talked about GWtW. Talked about The Merry Widow, which we saw tonight. This afternoon went to the National Gallery. This had so many amazing paintings. da Vinci, el Greco, Monet, Picasso. Pretty much anything amazing from 1500-1900. Had lunch just sitting outside the gallery on the steps, by myself. It was nice, just a sandwich and some fruit. Supper that night at a pasta place, chicken with ham and cheese on it. The operetta tonight... Well. Meh. It wasn't my favourite. The theatre was beautiful, but old. Not much leg room, so that didn't help.

Tomorrow we are talking with a major theatre critic, and then seeing Small Change that night. Should be fun.

It's late so I'm gonna go. Look for a picture update on facebook soon!

1 comments:

Beckett said...

Yeyeah! Go Pizza Express!