10:13 PM

I was cast in the play.

As "Female Guard".

I honestly don't want it.

But I have to do it.

As I've heard, I'm a theatre major.

Apparently, this means I'm an actor.

I honestly would be happy if it was a different part... like one of the chorus members.

I just don't want to be a guard. As someone said to me "_____ would rather not be in the play, if they were just going to be a guard. But then again, they aren't butch enough.... Oh crap. I didn't mean that."

And that's why. I get enough crap about how I look already, even if no one says anything to my face.

But, I guess I have to.

My parents are already making plans to come see it.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

whitney, i'm sure you'll do a great job in the play. and i look forward to seeing you onstage! i don't think i've ever seen you act before. definitely excited!

plus, every tech person should have some acting experience and every actor should have tech experience. it's good to know what goes on on the otherside. gives you a wholistic view, especially, then, when you have to be back in the other position. you can remember how you felt in the opposite position when such and such went down and handle the situation accordingly, keeping everyone happy (if possible).

does that even make sense?

probably not. but andrew voss and i were talking about how important it is to experience both tonight and then i read your post and thought of that.

this comment is like a blog. oops!

cheers!